Sora Therapies LLC
Massage, Bodywork, and Integrative Fitness in Eugene, Oregon
About Massage: Effects and Benefits
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety
percent of disease is stress-related. And
perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally
and externally, than high stress.
Massage is an effective tool for managing
this stress, which translates into:
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. In addition, bodywork has been shown to:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
This is just a short summary of the benefits of massage. For more information about what massage, bodywork, or energy work might be able to do for you as an individual, feel free to contact Kelsey for a consultation.
5 East 24th Avenue
Eugene, Oregon 97405